Aller au contenu
AIR-DEFENSE.NET

Panavia Tornado Variable-Wing

Invité Guest

Messages recommandés

Hi everybody, I'm new here, this is my 1st post and i have a question: The Tornado Variable-Wing, the pilot can put the wings in any position in the wings route, or has positions? And how works? I have F-14 NAVAIR but sincerely I haven't enought time to look, I hope that you can help to solve my doubt. Thanks P.S: Excuse my english please

argh, anglais je veux bien mais quand on commence à mélanger trois langues je suis plus. :lol: Sinon, pour les F-111, B-1, Su-24, Tu-22M, tu-160, quand est-il? des positions ou c'est automatique selon la vitesse? And for the F-111, B-1, Su-24, TU-22M, Tu-160 how about? Fixed positions or it's automatic?

I'm looking now on F-14 NAVAIR and the F-14 has Automatic Variable Geometry & obviously manual variable geometry and in flight, the wings can be positioned between 20º and 68º but also has over-sweep (75º) I will to upload a images from NAVAIR manual but i see that i can't upload images in this forum! :( , well if someone want the pages, tell me RaVeN P.S: merci tout le monde de votre bienvenue

I'm looking now on F-14 NAVAIR and the F-14 has Automatic Variable Geometry & obviously manual variable geometry and in flight, the wings can be positioned between 20º and 68º but also has over-sweep (75º)

I will to upload a images from NAVAIR manual but i see that i can't upload images in this forum! :( , well if someone want the pages, tell me

RaVeN

P.S: merci tout le monde de votre bienvenue

English version :

I suggest this behaviour when writing/posting in English, at least for the French members : to always put a french version of the post. This way all of us should be able to understand.

As well, I suggest the ones enough at ease with english translate the "english only" post.

And if a French member wants someone to translate, he should just post in French and then someone will do so.

To apply my proposition, here is the translation of RaVen's post :

Je regarde le F-14 NAVAIR et il est évident que le positionnement des ailes peut être automatique ou manuel (en vol).

Les ailes peuvent être positionnées entre 20 et 68 degrés mais aussi être mis, "en dépassement" (over-sweep) à 75 degrés.

J'aimerai mettre des images en ligne du NAVAIR mais je n'arrive pas à le faire ! :( Si quelqu'un veut les pages, qu'il me le dise.

I hope it suits you all.

---

Version française :

Je propose que les posteurs français mettent leurs réponses en français et en anglais afin que tout le monde puisse comprendre.

De même, ceux à l'aise en anglais pourraient systématiquement traduire les posts uniquement en anglais.

Et si un français veut une traduction, qu'il poste en français et que le premier français anglophone à lire traduise !

Afin d'appliquer ma proposition, voici la traduction du post de RaVen :

Je regarde le F-14 NAVAIR et il est évident que le positionnement des ailes peut être automatique ou manuel (en vol).

Les ailes peuvent être positionnées entre 20 et 68 degrés mais aussi être mis, "en dépassement" (over-sweep) à 75 degrés.

J'aimerai mettre des images en ligne du NAVAIR mais je n'arrive pas à le faire ! :( Si quelqu'un veut les pages, qu'il me le dise.

J'espère que ça vous va !

Here you can find an extract from NAVAIR F-14 Wing-Sweep System Description, I hope that this interested for you.

2.20 WING-SWEEP SYSTEM

The variable geometry of the wing-sweep system provides the pilot with considerable latitude for controlling wing lift and drag characteristics to optimize-aircraft performance over a broad flight spectrum.

Under normal operating conditions, the wings are automatically positioned to the optimum sweep angle for maximum maneuvering performance. The pilot can selectively position the wings at sweep angles aft of

optimum.

A mechanical backup control system is provided for emergency and oversweep operations. Details of the wing-sweep system are shown in FO-11.

The outboard location of the wing pivot reduces the change in longitudinal stability as a function of wingsweep angle. Two independently powered, hydromechanical screwjack actuators, mechanically interconnected for synchronization, position the wings in responset o pilot or CADC commands. In flight, the wings can be positioned between 20º and 68º wing leading-edge sweep angle. On the deck, the range is extended aft 75º(oversweep position) to reduce the span for spotting. Such authority results in a variation of wing span from approximately 64 to 33 feet.

Cavities above the engine nacelles and the midfuselage accommodate the inboard portions of the wing panels as they sweep aft. Sealing of the underside is by a wiper seal and airbag. The bag is pressurized by engine bleed air. Airbag pressure is released during oversweep to avoid overloading of the flap mechanism.

An overwing fairing encloses the wing cavity and provides a con-toured seal along the upper surface of the wing for the normal range of in-flight sweep angles. The left and right overwing fairing actuators are pressurized by the combined and flight hydraulic systems, respectively.

• 2 weeks later...

Tornado's wing position : 25°, 45° and 67°.

I did a mistake in my earlier answer.

Les 3 positions possibles des ailes d'un Tornado sont à 25°, 45° et 67°. Je me suis trompé dans ma réponse initiale. :rolleyes:

Wing sweep angles :

25° -> up to mach 0.73 (-jusqu'à mach 0,73)

45° -> up to mach 0.88

67° -> up to mach 2.20

Flaps (volets) :

4 positions :

-1: zero (neutral positions) / zéro,

-2: maneuver (to enhance maneuvering performance) / volets de manoeuvre (pour améliorer les performances de manoeuvre)

-3: middle (for landing / take off) / volets moyens (décollage et atterrissage)

-4: full flaps (for langing) / volets pleins (pour atterrissage).

Flaps speed limits (limites de vitesses pour les volets) :

-1 : no limit

-2 : 450 kts

-3 : 280 kts

-4 : 225 kts

Flaps and wing sweep angles compatibility

(compatibilité entre la position des volets et des ailes) :

___25° | 45° | 67°

-1: | ok | ok | ok

-2: | ok | ok | no

-3: | ok | ok | no

-4: | ok | no | no