Aller au contenu
AIR-DEFENSE.NET

Le F-35

georgio

Messages recommandés

L'intégration de l'ACAS à bord des f-35B repoussé à 2028 malgré les pressions UK.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/f-35b-air-collision-avoidance-system-integration-pushed-back/

L’intégration du système d’évitement des collisions aériennes du F-35B repoussée

Une demande d’accès à l’information a mis en lumière le retard dans la mise en œuvre du système d’évitement des collisions aériennes (ACAS) dans l’avion F-35B.

Un document joint à la demande d’accès à l’information, un dossier de sécurité du système d’air de 2021 – Déclaration de sécurité pour la foudre, détaille que l’introduction de l’ACAS, initialement prévue pour 2024, a été repoussée à 2028 pour l’ACAS manuel et à 2029 pour l’ACAS automatique.

« Le système d’évitement des collisions aériennes (ACAS) du F-35 devait être mis en service en 2024. Bien que l’ACAS soit considéré comme hautement prioritaire par le Royaume-Uni, les services américains (et donc le programme F-35) le considèrent comme très peu prioritaire et il a récemment été reporté. Les dates d’intégration prévues sont désormais janvier 2028 pour l’ACAS manuel et janvier 2029 pour l’ACAS automatique.

Le document stipule également ce qui suit :

« Je suis satisfait que les risques pour la sécurité aérienne (RtL) associés à l’exploitation courante du GNL soient actuellement gérés et atténués de manière à ce qu’ils restent au moins ALARP et tolérables. »

Le principe de « Aussi bas que raisonnablement praticable » (ALARP) stipule que les risques doivent être gérés au niveau le plus bas possible tout en restant en deçà du risque maximal admissible.

Dans une enquête de 2019, Douglas Ross, député conservateur de Moray, a interrogé le ministère de la Défense sur la façon dont l’avion F-35 Lightning était conforme à des normes de sécurité aérienne spécifiques. En réponse, Stuart Andrew, alors sous-secrétaire d’État parlementaire, a déclaré : « Le Royaume-Uni travaille cependant avec les États-Unis pour développer un système automatisé d’évitement des collisions aériennes pour le F-35. Avant cette intégration, nous restons pleinement confiants que la connaissance avancée de la situation du F-35 lui permet d’opérer en toute sécurité.

L’intégration tardive de l’ACAS soulève des questions quant au respect continu de ce principe et à la question de savoir si les mesures actuelles sans ACAS sont suffisantes pour assurer la sécurité de l’aéronef et de ses opérateurs.

Il y a 1 heure, Titus K a dit :

On en parlait justement :

@Titus K a partagé un article sur le fil de la marine Italienne, où on trouve cette citation...

Citation

Prendre des photos du F35 de dos est totalement interdit. C'est ce que souhaite la société de production américaine Lockheed Martin. Au centre du moteur se trouve un composant que les concurrents et les puissances hostiles aux États-Unis ne devraient en aucun cas voir.

Une mauvaise traduction, qui veut plutôt dire "l'appareil est centré autour de composants...", ou alors il s'agit d'un boitier magique ?

On 11/17/2023 at 12:42 AM, Picdelamirand-oil said:

Air Force finally reveals a little bit about how the F-35 stacks up in providing close air support

The Air Force finally reveals some information on the F-35's performance in close air support

Eric White@FEDERALNEWSCAST
November 16, 2023 4:47 pm

After rounds of FOIA requests and even litigation, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) received a copy of the A- Close Air Support Test Report 10C and F-35A. This test aimed to compare the performance of the two aircraft in terms of close air support to ground troops. After analyzing the heavily redacted document, POGO analysts found that, despite what the Air Force had said, it appears the F-35 is not well suited to provide this support. To learn more, Federal Drive with Tom Temin executive producer Eric White spoke with Dan Grazier, senior defense policy fellow at POGO.

Transcription of the interview: 

Dan Grazier Overall, we just wanted to know if the F-35 could truly replace the capabilities currently provided by the A-10. And our history in this area goes back a long way.

Eric White We know that well.

Dan Grazier This test was over ten years ago. This was before I started working for POGO in 2015, where my predecessor spent time on Capitol Hill urging lawmakers to mandate this comparative test starting in 2013-2014. I kind of took that effort and moved it forward a little bit. We ultimately got this provision included in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017. Testing took place the following year. The next two years were between 2018 and 2019. But then there was nothing. We knew the test had taken place, but no one ever produced the results. Air Force officials simply talked about how much better the F-35 was than the A-10. And we just said, "Okay, we'll show the receipts. We know these tests are happening. But for years, no one even acknowledged there was a report and there was a reason for that . That's because the report wasn't done until three or four years after the test. And then, yes, it took a [Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)] request that was ignored and then a trial before federal court to get what we got, which was a heavily redacted version of the report that was written in, I believe, February 2022.

Eric White Very good. We'll come back to the contents of the report in a second. But let's lay the foundations now. What did these tests consist of? Was it simply a matter of evaluating the capabilities of the two machines? And what was there, a race? What did they do ?

Dan Grazier Yes. So the test designers developed a series of scenarios in which the pilots of both aircraft had to receive instructions from a ground controller about the location of a target, and then all of that information had to be communicated to the pilot. He had to correlate this information and try to attack the target. I forgot the exact number of tries. But each plane was supposed to follow the exact same scenario, sort of back to back, to see which plane performed better, in terms of attack time. They tested a whole bunch of different parameters. And it was the results of these tests that really interested us.

Eric White Now let's move on to the results. What was said and what are the capabilities? Was there a bit of give and take or was it more one-sided?

Dan Grazier Well, the report that we finally received, after we filed suit, was heavily redacted. I would say that at least 90% of the information in the report was blacked out. But what remained told a story. First, the main objective of the test was to see if the F-35 was actually better than the A-10 in the attack role. So there are three missions that go hand in hand with this. There is close air support, which most people are familiar with. There's forward air control, that is, instead of having a ground controller, you have another plane that locates the target and then transmits that information to another plane that is actually the shooter. Finally, there is combat search and rescue, which means that if a pilot who ejects finds himself on the ground behind enemy territory, an aircraft covers him to try to protect him until so that the rescue forces can come and pick him up. So these are three critical mission capabilities that are currently provided by the A-10. We wanted to make sure that the F-35, which was supposed to replace the A-10, could actually fulfill these missions. When I received a copy of the report, one thing jumped out at me: if the F-35 was better, if it was vastly superior to the A-10, it should have been in big, bold, clear letters. in the first paragraph of the report. And it wasn't, because that first paragraph is not redacted. So with all the other information, it's pretty clear that the evaluators found many weaknesses in the F-35 in these roles. One way to find out is that the last page of the report contains a list of recommendations aimed at improving the F-35's performance in these roles. There were eight points. All text was blacked out, but there was no similar list of recommendations for the A-10. It is therefore clear that many gaps have been identified.

Eric White Do you have the impression that the publication of this report was met with resistance? Was it safety as usual, or was there something else at play in your gut?

Dan Grazier Well, the redactions are marked and coded. All redactions were made for national security purposes. So the official line is that they are trying to protect national security. I think the real reason is much more nuanced than that. I think these tests do not fit with the rhetoric that Air Force officials have been giving to justify the retirement of the A-10. They did not strengthen their argument. So they didn't want anything that could contradict their arguments. I'll give you a very good example. The main argument against the A-10 is that it cannot survive in a modern threat environment. There's a lot of debate about this, because A-10 pilots have come back and said they had to gently bring back their A-10 that was shot down, because they fly at low altitude and close to the ground. And the pilots landed safely because the plane is designed for that. On the other hand, if an F-35 is hit, it collapses. A few weeks ago in South Carolina, an F-35 pilot had an electrical problem, because a computer had to restart or something like that. We have to wait for the investigation to get all these details. The authors of this report on A-10 and F-35 close air support flights repeatedly emphasize, in unredacted portions, that they did not even conduct testing in a high-risk environment . This poses many problems. But I found it very revealing. If they're making the natural assumption that the A-10 can't survive and the F-35 can, why not just test the A-10 in a very threatening environment? Why not test it? They can do it. They can organize tests with a large number of simulated enemy air defense systems. Let's see what happens, because this is now just a topic of discussion. That's all it is. This has not been proven. This has certainly not been proven in these tests. And they just say there was no need to do that because the F-35 has a clear advantage in that area. Well, okay, just prove it. And they didn't. So there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Eric White Dan Grazier works for the Project on Government Oversight. There is also a point to be made: the time it took to write the report itself. Was there any hope of losing interest or getting lost in bureaucracy or red tape? Has your antenna gone up on this as well?

Dan Grazier Oh, absolutely, because normally an operational test report is written within 90 days of testing completion. No, because there are a lot of things that happen during testing or just observations that people make. I mean they scribble notes and everything else. But these memories must be fresh to be able to accurately report what happened. So I think everyone in charge dragged their feet. Quite frankly, I think there must have been pressure from somewhere for them to write this report. Indeed, when we started asking questions after the test was over, we asked where this report was. And the only answer we could get was, oh, well, we're going to include all of that in the larger F-35 initial operational test and evaluation report, which when I started asking questions questions about this in 2018, we anticipated that [Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E)] for the F-35 program would likely last another five years. And I was right, because it's the end of 2023 and we still haven't seen that report. But it was an exchange between the A-10 and the F-35. This was a largely separate operation from other operational tests of the F-35 program. This was a specific congressional mandate in the National Defense Authorization Act of 2017, which was established after the initial operational test and evaluation program had already been approved. He had already started by then. So we started saying that this should be a separate report, because it's a separate testing event beyond the initial operational test and evaluation. So, yeah, I think they dragged their feet because, again, it broke their narrative. They have been trying for a long time to demonstrate that the A-10 is no longer relevant and is no longer suitable for modern combat. And there are many debates about this. So they didn't want receipts, and above all they didn't want me to be able to talk about what happened during these tests.

Eric White Yes. I present the Air Force point of view. In a way, those responsible are probably between a rock and a hard place trying to make these statements. And obviously there are a lot of complications with these tests in terms of who stacks them and who evaluates them over time. And you've been reporting on this for so long in the history of the F-35. And we'll probably still talk about it when you and we are long retired. It feels like this has been going on for so long. Where do things stand now and what is the place of this affair in the history of the F-35?

Dan Grazier Well, there are actually two timelines in play. The flight tests that took place in 2018 and 2019 are sort of early in the process of evaluating the initial operational testing of the F-35 program. The trials took place well before that. But the really formal IOT&E part, like the final part, fell right in the middle of this process. This process has been going on for four years. It only ended this summer, when the Joint Strike Fighter program was finally able to develop a verified, working simulator to test the 64 missions they needed, the high-end missions, the ones we pay for. a supplement. This only happened last summer. So I honestly expect the IOT&E report to be released any day now. Which would be pretty funny because, again, IOT&E for the F-35 program was completed a few months ago. If the report is released before the end of the year, it will raise further questions about this comparative report and why it took three or four years for it to be released. So here is a calendar. The other timeline, a bit more critical, is that Congress is close to authorizing the retirement of two A-10 squadrons. So when this budget passes, if it passes as currently written, two squadrons from Davis-Monthan and Arizona, A-10 squadrons, will be retired. This will therefore considerably reduce the fleet. It will be difficult to maintain the eight dozen devices still in service.

Dan Grazier And so that's problematic, because I always have to emphasize that this is not about protecting the A-10 as an aircraft. This fight was never about that. This is to preserve the close air support capability currently available to the Air Force. And if the A-10 is removed from service without being replaced by a dedicated attack aircraft, all the knowledge acquired over the past 50 years by the A-10 attack pilot community will disappear very quickly. I can give you a very good example of this. During World War II, the Army Air Forces, primarily led by General Pete Quesada, developed highly effective air-ground coordination measures. So after D-Day, General Quesada always set up his tent right next to General Bradley's. So these two could easily coordinate with each other. Then, using the P-47s, they installed radios that could communicate with aircraft in the tanks and vehicles that moved with the ground forces. They even took the pilots out of the P-47s and put them with the ground forces so the pilots could talk to other pilots to describe targets, because one pilot knows exactly what another pilot is trying to hit. . It was a very effective means of coordination. So they became very good at it. World War II ended in mid-1945. We began fighting in Korea in June 1950. So it's been less than five years. During this period, the newly independent Air Force had completely decimated its tactical aviation capabilities, so that when American soldiers were rushed into Korea during the initial North Korean advance toward the perimeter of Pusan, this is when the army needed very effective close air support. And she didn't get it. It took the Air Force less than five years to completely get rid of this capability. This will happen again if dozens of devices retire without being replaced. Soldiers in the next war, especially in the early stages, will not have the air support they need. So there will be soldiers, young American soldiers, who will die needlessly because the Air Force didn't have that capability to help them win and to protect them.

Eric White Yes. And that really shows how difficult it is for the Air Force to find a replacement aircraft, because they're trying to prepare for the next war and they don't necessarily know what the requirements are, or is it that she's considering the F-35 so far in advance and she has to modernize it while she evaluates it, sort of.

Dan Grazier Well, they say they do, but mostly in the attacking role. So for the support of the troops. The F-35 is simply not the right platform for this, for a variety of reasons. First of all, it is not necessary to have a stealth aircraft to provide close air support, because the moment you bring in close air support aircraft, you can assume that it there are F-22s and F-35s. And at some point I suspect the NGADs and B-21s will have already gone in and taken out a lot of the air defense measures. They won't be able to eliminate everything. To support the troops on the ground, you therefore need an aircraft capable of withstanding a few hits. But there is one thing that many people miss when they talk about this issue. Again, I'm talking about this issue from a field perspective. I was a tank officer in the Marine Corps. So I know I've worked with planes on the ground. We have friendly forces maneuvering and we use planes to attack targets quite close to us. I felt the blast effects of the large 500 pound bombs that fell very close to my position. And when ground forces plan operations, and in particular combined operations with aircraft. One of the things we think about, almost right off the bat, is what needs to be done to protect the aircraft. So I can show you shot plans that I created when a plane arrives. You can see it on the board and you can see the duration of the suppression mission, the suppression of an enemy air defense mission that precedes the arrival of the aircraft, just to mitigate any potential threat to the aircraft. It is therefore a combined war. It is about mutual support, where the strength of one arm covers the weakness of another arm. But most people who talk about close air support and the A-10 talk about it in a vacuum, as if we were going to fly the A-10 alone through heavily defended airspace. Well, if you do that with any aircraft, including the F-35, it will be decimated. The nature of modern air defenses, the stealth capabilities, all of that is going to evaporate very quickly. So when we're talking about combined arms, ground troops supported by aircraft, that's a completely different matter. Honestly, I cannot foresee a future scenario in which we place ground troops in a high air threat environment, because that means ground troops are in far more danger than any aircraft flying overhead. head.

C'est comme comparer un porte-avions à un cuirassé et en conclure que le porte-avions perdra toujours contre le cuirassé parce qu'il a moins de blindage et pas de canons. 

Si l'on utilise un porte-avions comme un porte-avions, il se révélera rapidement supérieur à un cuirassé.

Les arguments de POGO ci-dessus sont enracinés dans la croyance de la guerre éternelle : "RPGs et IEDs" - pour toujours.  Ils refont sans cesse l'Afghanistan, l'Irak, la Syrie, parce que c'est ce qu'ils connaissent et qu'ils ne peuvent pas imaginer un champ de bataille où les A-10 seraient tués, ce qui s'est malheureusement produit. 

L'argument des P-47 n'est pas vraiment l'argument gagnant que l'on croit. L'objectif n'est pas non plus d'imiter le corps aérien de l'armée. L'exemple de la Corée n'est pas un bon exemple parce que presque tout le monde est allé en Corée sans préparation, et beaucoup de gens dans l'USAF nouvellement formée en 1947 venaient juste d'être transférés de l'Army Air Corps. en fait, il était probablement très rare en 1950 de trouver beaucoup de gens qui avaient rejoint l'USAF à ses débuts.

Les JTACS et les TACP existent, et Dan Grazier devrait le savoir. Pour une raison quelconque, il "oublie" de le mentionner, parce que l'idée est que sans les A-10, l'entraînement au soutien rapproché cesse également d'exister.

C'est un argument très étroit et je le dis en tant que fan de l'A-10, qui connaît beaucoup de gens dans la communauté de l'A-10, et qui aime beaucoup la notion d'appui aérien rapproché. 

Il y a de bonnes raisons de conserver les A-10 et Grazier réussit à en manquer la plupart parce qu'il ne comprend pas vraiment comment tout cela s'inscrit et quelle est l'histoire derrière tout cela. Si elle le souhaitait, l'USAF pourrait encore intégrer des officiers d'aviation dans des unités d'infanterie. Cela ne dépend pas de l'A-10. L'USAF procède différemment en faisant appel à des aviateurs spécialement formés qui peuvent déjà coordonner la puissance aérienne et n'ont pas besoin d'un pilote pour accomplir cette mission.  

L'USMC intègre des pilotes dans les unités terrestres, mais ils ne sont pas les seuls à pouvoir demander des frappes aériennes ou à coordonner la puissance aérienne. 

Aviateur de l'USMC effectuant des tâches de FAC au sol. Notez ses "ailes" d'aviateur sur la poitrine :

171031-M-WW697-036.JPG

• J'aime (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 11/20/2023 at 8:28 AM, PolluxDeltaSeven said:

Hey, I'm taking advantage of a lull on this thread to address a subject that I'm having a little trouble understanding: the replacement of the APG-81 by the APG-85?

From what I understand, the first APG-85s must be delivered from Lot 17, in 2025. Which seems extremely fast to me for a new radar.

So I wonder:
Option 1 - If the APG-85 is really a brand new radar, which has been developed in secret since the announcement of Block 4, basically.
Option 2 - If it is above all an improvement of the APG-81 which has taken on such proportions (both in terms of hardware and software) that Northrop Grumman and LM started from the principle that it would be simpler to make one new radar, even if it means reusing bricks from the APG-81?
Option3 - A mix of all that?

It seems to me that an MLU of the APG-81 had always been envisaged around 2025, in particular with a GaN antenna. Raytheon also hoped to be able to board the F-35 radar on this occasion. But in the end, rather than just a new antenna and a new variant of the -81, we are going with a new radar. 
Personally, I have the impression that this supports Option 2 or Option 3: by changing the antenna, they realized that they also had to change certain hardware aspects of the radar (cooling in particular), and therefore modify the general architecture, not allowing it to be a simple interchangeable evolution of the APG-81. Knowing that it would also have been necessary to change the computers and the entire software part anyway, we might as well make a new radar.

@Picdelamirand-oil @herciv @Stark_Contrast @Patrick and everyone else, what do you think?

And beyond this hardware question, what about performance? What is the expected gap between APG-81 and APG-85? Because if we are really on a game changer for the F-35, rather than a simple incremental improvement, it risks really hurting the competition, or at least pushing them to boost their investments so as not to be left behind .

C'est une très bonne question et les détails ont été difficiles à trouver, non seulement auprès de Northrop Grumman, mais aussi auprès du JPO. L'APG-85 est en cours d'élaboration depuis un certain temps, je crois. Il n'a été "révélé" que récemment 

Je pense personnellement qu'il s'agit d'un radar dérivé qui est juste assez différent pour justifier une nouvelle désignation, mais pas au point de lancer un nouvel appel d'offres contre Raytheon. 

Il est très important que le F-35 conserve une approche commune des systèmes, tant pour le radar que pour le moteur, ce qui est l'une des raisons pour lesquelles l'amélioration du F135 a été décidée par rapport au moteur plus exotique de la nouvelle technologie. 

Je ne pourrais pas me prononcer sur les performances, même si je les connaissais. 

Il convient de noter que l'APG-85 sera prêt (à condition que le calendrier soit respecté !) pour que la récente vague d'acheteurs de F-35 en Europe reçoive le nouveau radar. 

Je ne peux pas me porter garant pour tous les pays, mais l'une des raisons pour lesquelles l'ARC était si enthousiaste à l'idée d'acquérir le F-35 était pour des raisons comme celle-ci, la capacité d'avoir des mises à niveau constantes et une voie d'avenir. Même si les gens ici aiment se plaindre, la promesse de radars améliorés et de moteurs améliorés à acquérir plus tard est une très forte incitation à l'achat par rapport à la stagnation.

En d'autres termes, je me demande si la Finlande, la Suisse, etc. ont été informées des améliorations des moteurs et des nouveaux radars à l'horizon lorsqu'elles ont pris leurs décisions. Le Super Hornet commence à ralentir, comparativement.

• Merci (+1) 1

Il y a 3 heures, jojo (lo savoyârd) a dit :

Article écrit par une IA:wink:

il y a 49 minutes, Patriotic a dit :

D'après l'image, la variante à deux places est peut-être prévue pour des frères siamois. :wink:

(Frères siamois de petite taille en plus)

compressed_img-veQnAMB4qeLGY9o3ALQkjaGg.

Image issue d'une IA:wink:

...Il n'y avait vraiment rien d'autre d'intéressant à dire sur le F-35? :laugh:

Modifié par Patrick
  • Haha (+1) 1

Le 25/11/2023 à 18:35, Stark_Contrast a dit :

Aviateur de l'USMC effectuant des tâches de FAC au sol. Notez ses "ailes" d'aviateur sur la poitrine :

Ailes pour aviateurs au sol, donc aussi pour aviateurs sur simulateur (je sais c'est gratuit, ne prends pas la peine de répondre à ma blague, je suis déjà très loin)... 

:bloblaugh:

Le 25/11/2023 à 19:01, Stark_Contrast a dit :

Je pense personnellement qu'il s'agit d'un radar dérivé qui est juste assez différent pour justifier une nouvelle désignation, mais pas au point de lancer un nouvel appel d'offres contre Raytheon. 

Il est très important que le F-35 conserve une approche commune des systèmes, tant pour le radar que pour le moteur, ce qui est l'une des raisons pour lesquelles l'amélioration du F135 a été décidée par rapport au moteur plus exotique de la nouvelle technologie. 

Je ne pourrais pas me prononcer sur les performances, même si je les connaissais. 

Il convient de noter que l'APG-85 sera prêt (à condition que le calendrier soit respecté !) pour que la récente vague d'acheteurs de F-35 en Europe reçoive le nouveau radar. 

Merci pour ta réponse.

Je pense avoir la même analyse que toi. Si on était sur un tout nouveau radar, il y aurait sans doute eu une mise en concurrence entre NG et Raytheon. Le fait qu'on annonce tardivement l'APG-85, tout en promettant une introduction assez rapide, me laisse penser qu'il s'agit globalement d'une (grosse) évolution de l'APG-81.

Après tout, une fois qu'on change l'antenne (et les technologies de l'antenne), qu'on modifie en profondeur la partie logicielle avec de nouvelles fonctionnalités et de nouvelles performances, et si en plus ils modifient d'autres aspects du radar (notamment le système de refroidissement, mais sans doute aussi les calculateurs, etc.), il est assez logique de changer le nom du radar, même si le coeur de l'architecture est le même que sur l'APG-81.
A voir également si le changement de désignation n'est pas aussi une façon de montrer qu'on ne peut pas juste modifier un APG-81 pour le moderniser (par exemple en changeant l'antenne uniquement), et qu'il faut vraiment remplacer tout le bloc radar.

Et puis il y a peut-être un argument marketing derrière. Le Block 4 arrive, et ça peut être intéressant pour la communication de LM et pour le marketing de mettre, dans la liste des nouveautés, un tout nouveau radar plutôt qu'une "simple" modernisation de l'ancien. Vue le prix extrêmement coûteux de ce genre de mises à jour, le client a peut-être un peu plus l'impression d'en avoir pour son argent, haha ! :D

Le 20/11/2023 à 22:39, Picdelamirand-oil a dit :

Pour préparer ça la prochaine évolution du RBE2 est non pas une  antenne AESA GaN mais un récepteur multi voie. Et on me dit que c'est mieux l'augmentation de portée supplémentaire due au GaN viendra plus tard en plus de celle qu'apporte ce récepteur.

Merci pour ta réponse :)

Je reviens juste sur ce passage: quand tu parles de la prochaine évolution du RBE2 sans GaN mais avec récepteur multi-voie, tu parles du RBE2 XG ou d'une modernisation qui viendra s'intercaler entre les deux ? (c'est un peu hors sujet, donc pour cette partie là, n'hésite pas à me répondre en MP).

Je n'ai jamais trop compris ce que c'était qu'un récepteur multi-voie. C'est une approche qu'on retrouve aussi côté US, sur les APG-81/85 d'après toi ?

• J'aime (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

il y a 55 minutes, PolluxDeltaSeven a dit :

Je reviens juste sur ce passage: quand tu parles de la prochaine évolution du RBE2 sans GaN mais avec récepteur multi-voie, tu parles du RBE2 XG ou d'une modernisation qui viendra s'intercaler entre les deux ? (c'est un peu hors sujet, donc pour cette partie là, n'hésite pas à me répondre en MP).

http://www.air-defense.net/forum/topic/29-le-f-35/?do=findComment&comment=1680349

il y a 55 minutes, PolluxDeltaSeven a dit :

Je n'ai jamais trop compris ce que c'était qu'un récepteur multi-voie. C'est une approche qu'on retrouve aussi côté US, sur les APG-81/85 d'après toi ?

http://www.air-defense.net/forum/topic/20630-rafale/?do=findComment&comment=1587686

https://www.opex360.com/2022/10/16/le-projet-tarammaa-permettra-au-rafale-f4-de-voir-encore-plus-loin/

Modifié par Picdelamirand-oil
  • J'aime (+1) 1

il y a 11 minutes, alfabravo a dit :

Est-ce que cet choix apporte un retour intéressant (industriel ou autre) pour le Portugal ?

Au plan géopolitique avait-il besoin d'un équipement aussi sophistiqué ?

Compatibilité OTAN surtout.

De toute façon, à part pour aller dans les pays baltes ou mener des exercices, ils ne serviront jamais. Et le niveau de menaces aux environs est limité.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Le f-35 coréen qui avait ingéré un aigle en début d'année est réparable mais à un coût bien trop élevé par rapport  à un f-35 neuf. Il sera mis au rebut.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-12-01/national/defense/F35A-fighter-jet-faces-retirement-after-hitting-an-eagle-midflight/1925918

Modifié par herciv
  • Haha (+1) 1

il y a 13 minutes, herciv a dit :

Le f-35 coréen qui avait ingéré un aigle en début d'année est réparable mais à un coût bien trop élevé par rapport  à un f-35 neuf. Il sera mis au rebut.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-12-01/national/defense/F35A-fighter-jet-faces-retirement-after-hitting-an-eagle-midflight/1925918

Je ne comprend pas.. Je ne vois pas un aigle détruire autre chose que le moteur du F35 en cas de mauvaise "indigestion" et dans ce cas ils n'ont qu'à changer de moteur ! 

Qu'est-ce qui a bien plus détruire ? 

À moins qu'il ait fait un atterrissage forcé et détruit autres choses

• Upvote (+1) 1

il y a 9 minutes, Claudio Lopez a dit :

Je ne comprend pas.. Je ne vois pas un aigle détruire autre chose que le moteur du F35 en cas de mauvaise "indigestion" et dans ce cas ils n'ont qu'à changer de moteur ! 

Il a fait un atterrisage sur le ventre donc peut-être çà ?

• J'aime (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Il y a 18 heures, Patrick a dit :

Je parie sur 12 à 16.

C'est vrai que le besoin en finance risque de limiter le nombre. Reste qu'avec la prévision de passage de 1,31% à 2% du budget défense d'ici 2028, on pourrait se dire qu'il vont avoir de quoi en prendre genre 22/24. Peut-être qu'ils s'équiperont en lots étalé dans le temps et qui seront financer avec des compensations/FMS. Les F16 d'occasions avaient été reçu en contrepartie financières réduites et d'accès à la base de Lajes aux Açores pour l'USAF. Nous verrons bien.

Il y a 10 heures, herciv a dit :

Doit-on comprendre qu'ils vont le remplacer par un nouvel avion si c'est moins cher?

Il y a 10 heures, Claudio Lopez a dit :

Si c'est le ventre qui a morflé et que la structure a subi des dommages, je pense que le calcul peut se justifier.

En tout cas ça peut aussi vouloir dire que le coût unitaire du F-35 fly away a baissé et que son volume de production est tel, que l'attrition qui va survenir sur accident de temps en temps n'est plus vraiment un problème, et ça ne devrait pas nous faire rigoler, au contraire.

• Merci (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Il y a 9 heures, Patrick a dit :

tout cas ça peut aussi vouloir dire que le coût unitaire du F-35 fly away a baissé et que son volume de production est tel, que l'attrition qui va survenir sur accident de temps en temps n'est plus vraiment un problème, et ça ne devrait pas nous faire rigoler, au contraire.

En terme industriel, difficile de se faire une idée sur un seul cas. Passer un remplacement d'un seul f-35 est largement réalisable. Qu'en serait-il pour une attrition de 10 ?

Ensuite il y a l'impact sur le contrat opérationnel de la perte d'un seul f-35 quand tu as une flotte pas très large. 

• Upvote (+1) 1